I havent’t been doing much baking lately so I decided it was about time to try a recipe that I’ve stockpiled. This recipe turned out very well and I would make it again!
Recipe from witandwhistle.com
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, plus more for buttering the pan
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces / 225 g bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped into 1/4- and 1/2-inch pieces
1. Butter 10 by 11 inch oven proof skillet
2. Mix dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
3. In another bowl mix the sugars and the butter. Add the eggs one at a time, until mixed. Then add the vanilla and mix in the flour mixture from the other bowl.
4. Lastly add in chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Pour mixture into skillet and bake for 35 – 45 minutes.
6. Enjoy warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!