Kale, Kale, the superfood! When you find yourself with a bunch of kale and in need of a recipe, look no further! These kale cups are a perfect option for a vegetarian breakfast/brunch/lunch! I have adapted this recipe from Muffin Tin Mania.
- 4 cups kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Havarti cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red chili flakes (optional)
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Chop kale and spinach finely. Add kale/spinach to a large bowl along with cottage cheese, havarti cheese, eggs, garlic, lemon zest, chili flakes and hemp hearts. Mix well until all the cottage cheese has blended in with the kale and spinach. Divide among 8-10 medium-sized muffin cups or ramekins and bake 20 minutes. Let cool several minutes.
- Replace cottage cheese with ricotta cheese
- Use any combination of spinach, Swiss chard and kale